Sunday, May 06, 2007

inside i am 2000 light years from home

I need a vacation. This is the third Sunday in a row that I have had to work. April seems like a blur, non-linear flashes of hurried activity and the headless-chicken 10K run. Did I mention that I need a vacation? I have over three weeks of PTO accrued but haven't been able to use it due to my department currently being understaffed. It's like owning Terry Bozzio's drum kit but not being allowed to play it.

I rarely take vacations. I'm one of those idiots who thinks, "I'll take a vacation when I can afford it, when all my debt is gone, blah blah blah." Of course, that time never arrives. Damn, I can be such a jackass. I need a vacation NOW. No cell phone, no email, no contact with anything or anyone work-related. Fuck Cheers--I want to be where no one knows my name.

I want to go on a long canoe trip. I want to hike through dense forests. I want to sit on my rear for an hour doing absolutely nothing just because I can. I want to spend five hours in Amoeba Records. I want to see a different live band every night for a week. I want someone to provide me with splendid customer service and kiss my ass for a change.

I need a vacation. I demand a vacation. I declare a vacation before my soul vacates the premises. It's my turn--it's my time.

No comments: