Sunday, November 11, 2007

when words fail us

As you can tell, I haven't been writing much on the blog lately. I've been grasping for words. Actually, that's not quite accurate. I've been pushing words away. Every day I am bludgeoned by the unwelcome words of others. Ever notice how careless people can be when it comes to choosing words? How lazy linguistics leads to loopy logic? How people parrot what they hear on the news but inevitably get it wrong anyway, like a game of Telephone Operator behind Niagara Falls? When the signal-to-noise gauge becomes buried so deep in the red, I want to flee from all words, including my own.

Blah, blah, blah. Time to go to sleep and enjoy the silence.

1 comment:

kevin verbose said...

A King and a deck chair - brilliant. The snow covered mountains reminded me of the Construction Time album cover and how they must have frozen their asses off.