Saturday, January 03, 2009

keeping count

Back in 2007 I began keeping track of all of the CDs that I was buying. By March 3, I had hit twenty-eight and then stopped counting, partly out of laziness but mostly out of embarrassment: my music obsession seemed just a tad too obsessive.

So why then am I starting to keep track again in 2009? Well, to paraphrase Frank Zappa: who cares as long as it doesn't cause a murder. My vices are few and could be worse. I kicked off this year's spending spree yesterday with two used purchases:

1. Blue Oyster Cult -- Tyranny and Mutation (remastered)
2. Be Bop Deluxe -- Axe Victim (remastered)

For those about to collect, listen, and rock, we salute you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hehe, I tend to say my compulsive counting is for insurance reasons. What if they are stollen, you unlike others will have a vary detailed record..So track away!