Sunday, September 03, 2006

autumn hymms

Autumn has arrived rather early in my corner of the world. No complaints here, as fall is my favorite season by far. Fall feels like possibility: change is everywhere, and new friends and places become oddly abundant.

There are certain albums that I associate with autumn. Some of them were released in autumns past. Others were played constantly on my car's tape deck as I commuted back and forth from Kent State. Here's a brief list of music that feels like fall:

Skylarking -- XTC
Another Green World -- Brian Eno
Walking in the Shadow of the Big Man -- Guadalcanal Diary
The Sensual World -- Kate Bush
Songs for Drella -- Lou Reed and John Cale
Just for a Day -- Slowdive
Broken Toy Shop -- E
Private Parts and Pieces -- Anthony Phillips
Big Science -- Laurie Anderson
Blonde Exodus -- Chris Connelly and the Bells
The Brunt -- Either/Orchestra
Taproot -- Michael Hedges

No comments: