Monday, September 11, 2006

now reading

I'm currently reading Needle in the Groove by Jeff Noon, a cyberpunk novel that plays with language by updating Burroughs' cut-up technique. Noon uses the metaphor of the remix, splicing and dicing sentences, running words through imaginary filters and phase shifters, playing with meaning like a literary DJ. This approach is demonstrated further in a recent collection called Cobralingus.

So I'm off to do a little bit of reading before the sandman shoots me in the face. Night all.

2 comments:

Mark Tidrick said...

Howdy...I'm so glad all is cool with you. I'm redesigning my entire blog thing. This will be my new thing. My old one will eventually go away. I need a focus...We missed you at T and C's BBQ. Dashiell wanted to tell you the story of the Chinese Brothers. He loves that book! I'll drop you a line when I get my poop in the group!

matt said...

Hey there, Octave Doctor! Yeah, I ended up having to work on Saturday so I missed the BBQ. I'll have to stop over soon so Dash and I can read it together--that is so cool!

Love the new blog title--that would be a fun party indeed.