1. No more fast food at all, except for Subway. I've been sticking to this plan since mid-December, and it's amazing how much better I feel.
2. No caffeine. Goodbye, Dr. Pepper--you've been a good physician, but now you only prevent a restful night. You're fired.
3. Limited red meat. Mmmmm, tastes like chicken. Oh, that's right--it is chicken.
4. More fruits and veggies. I ignored them more out of laziness than distaste. Hell, I even like lima beans, so I should invite them to dinner more often.
5. No more falling asleep on the sofa watching TV. This odious habit is screwing up my lower back something fierce. Pathetic.
6. Keep walking. I can't let winter weather stop my walking meditations & ambulatory photo sessions. Layers, layers, layers. And a silly knit cap.
7. Early to bed, early to rise. What am I missing late at night? Commercials for Mighty Putty and the Samurai Shank? Exactly.
8. Read more. Healthy body, healthy mind. I failed spectacularly at this one last year, but 2008 is off to a good literary start.
9. Yoga or tai chi. I need a low-impact activity to keep myself from creaking like the proverbial rusty gate. This will be a tough one, as I am often a lazy procrastinating lump of dung. Gotta keep this body moving.
10. Blog more. Creativity and catharsis, the Wonder Twins of mental health. Let it out, rather than bottle it up. Good for me, good for you.